Dear ACDS members and potential members,
Here is your invitation to continue your membership – or to join as a member – in the Association of Child Development Specialists (ACDS). Since 1983, ACDS has given professionals working with young children and their families the opportunity to network and exchange expertise with others who serve that population.
This Association has a unique membership that includes people from a wide variety of disciplines – counselors, psychiatrists, educators, and therapists – with the common purpose of working for the benefit of families and children six years of age and younger. Bringing together those with a broad range of interests and expertise enhances each member’s knowledge base and ability to serve the whole child in the context of family and community. In a world that seems to be increasingly isolationist and disparate, ACDS provides monthly opportunities to connect, both personally and professionally. Membership gives you access to our ACDS website and members’ contact information, a ready resource base of collegial information and expertise.
the Executive Committee is working on programming for 2017. We invite you to mark your calendar and plan to attend the following events:
- January 29th: “Children’s Behavior as Communication” with Kate Crowley, OTD, OTR/L
- February 26th: “Play Matters!” with Terry Ogawa, M.A. and Helen Davis, Ph.D.
- March 26th: “Children & Divorce” with Eileen Paris, Ph.D., Psy.D., MFT
- April 23rd: Annual Networking Brunch with an expert panel discussing “Men in the Lives of Children”
- May 21st: “Social Skills Groups for Children” with Jinous Berjis, LMFT
Do take this opportunity to renew your membership, or to join ACDS, for 2017. This year, we have two options for remitting dues: by check or via PayPal. See below for complete membership and payment options.
We look forward to another year of interesting, insightful meetings and the camaraderie of sharing our knowledge with one another. Please be part of this community-wide creation of collective wisdom that will enhance the nurturing of children and families. It will enrich both your personal and professional life.
With warmest wishes for the holiday season and the year ahead,
Child Development Specialist, MA
- Individual Membership: dues are based on a sliding scale. For members earning $20,000 annually and below, the fee is $25. For those earning above $20,000, please add $5 for every additional $5,000 of income.
- Agency Membership: the fee for an agency membership is $200 per year for agencies with 9 staff members or fewer; $300 a year for agencies with 10 – 20 staff members; and $400 a year for agencies with 21 or more staff members. (If Agency Membership is selected, please provide a list of employees included in this membership.)
Remember: Your professional membership dues are tax-deductible.
- PAY BY CHECK: mail a check, payable to “ACDS” to: ACDS, 19020 Miranda St., Tarzana, CA 91356. Please include your name, mailing address, phone number and email address.
- PAY BY PAYPAL: make your payment through PayPal as follows:
CLICK HERE to be directed to the ACDS account. When making your payment, please include your full name and email address in the “Add Special Instructions to Seller” box.
Login into your PayPal Account at PayPal.com
Click: “Pay or Send Money”
Please note: you may need to close out of several advertisement boxes before seeing the “Pay or Send Money” button.
Click: “Pay for Goods or Services”
Enter (1) the dues amount, and (2) your full name and email address in the “Special Instructions to Seller” box
Click: “Make Payment Now”
WELCOME TO ACDS!